It's been a long time coming, but we finally have more details on Min Min. They are the character from the ARMS series that comes as the first new DLC fighter from Fighter Pass 2. To help you get up to speed, we've put together this guide which goes over their moveset, Final Smash, and more.
On this page:
- Release Date
- Moveset and Controls
- Final Smash
- Min Min Tips
- Arms Stage
- Ninjara Mii Fighter
- Arm Types
Min Min will be released on June 29 for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. We don't have an exact release time yet but will update this page once we do.
Moveset and Controls
We've listed Min Min's main Special moveset below. There are some differences in the way the Arms behave, which we've detailed in a later section.
|Special Move Controls||Special Type||Special Move Name||Description|
|B||Neutral Special||Right arm punch||Punch with right arm|
|Left Stick Left/Right + B||Side Special||Right arm punch||Sends right arm out in a punch, left and right directions|
|Left Stick Up + B||Up Special||Arms Jump (Armhook midair)||Hold to jump higher (Armhook is recovery)|
|Left Stick Down + B||Down Special||Switch Arms||Switch between three Arms|
|B when FS Meter is Full||Final Smash||Arms Rush||A Flurry of punches using both Arms|
Min Min's Final Smash is Arms Rush. It's the same move that the Spring Man Assist Trophy uses, a flurry of punches from both Arms. It looks to hit at close to medium range.
Given that almost all of Min Min's attacks are long-ranged, she is especially vulnerable up close. She's also weak to attacks coming from above, so be sure to use neutral air to counteract this.
Min Min Tips
Min Min is a very difficult fighter to get the hang of. After watching Mr Sakurai's extended demo of her however, we have some tips to give you.
- Press A+B twice to launch two Smash Attacks. These can be sent in different directions, covering a large area of the stage.
- If you press Special Air while in midair you'll unleash Armhook, which is a great recovery tool.
- Aim your punches slightly towards the ground and they will bounce up slightly, much like ROB's laser.
- Keep some distance between you and your opponent, Min Min is not a close-ranged fighter.
- Tap A or B to use kicks instead of punches. Some of these kicks can reflect projectiles.
- Up Special has some frames of invincibility at the start. Use this to escape.
- Grab has very good range, use this to punish enemies who are attempting to block your punches.
- Counters will not work on your Arms.
The Spring Stadium stage is being added alongside Min Min. It has jump pads that appear at the edges of the stage, allowing you to vault up into the air. There are arches that cover the stage that can be used to bounce enemies.
Ninjara Mii Fighter
A new skin for the Mii Brawler is being added, and it's modelled after Ninjara from Arms. You can check it out in the image below.
Min Min has three Arms that she can switch between. Each has a slightly different moveset and you should switch between them to cover all of your bases. Here are the Arms you can get in Super Smash Bros Ultimate while playing as Min Min:
- Ramram - flies forward and then up before returning. Great at the edges of the stage, but low damage.
- Megawatt - High damage but difficult to land. Very powerful when charged.
- Dragon - Can be powered up. Hold the attack to shoot a laser out at the end.
That’s everything you'll need as you take Min Minin into the arenas of Super Smash Bros Ultimate. For more on the game, check out our guides for every character, or go here to see the best spirits in the game, how to use them, and how to get them.