The 2.0 update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate just rolled out and it includes the Piranha Plant DLC fighter. Players who registered their copies of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and redeemed the DLC code can download the new update for the new fighter.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Version 2.0 update sees the release of Piranha Plant, the classic Mario enemy turned Smash Bros. fighter character. Nintendo announced last year that Piranha Plant would be a bonus character for players who purchased a copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate early enough to redeem a code.
Players have until January 31 to register their copies of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Nintendo will then email you a DLC code for Piranha Plant to the email account associated with their Nintendo Account.
To register for Piranha Plant, players can select Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on the home screen using the “+” button, scroll down to “My Nintendo Rewards Program” and then select “Earn Points.” Customers who purchased Super Smash Bros. Ultimate digitally will automatically register their copy of the game for the DLC code.
Piranha Plant is not part of the Fighter Pass Nintendo announced at last year’s Game Awards. The Fighter Pass is sold separately and will add five stages and five additional DLC fighters, including Joker from Persona 5. It's available now for $24.99.
Other additions to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Version 2.0 include:
- You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
- The following spirits now appear in the Shop: Partner Pikachu, Partner Eevee, Dice Block, River Survival, Golden Dash Mushroom.
- We adjusted the calculation for Global Smash Power.
- Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant (Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date).
- Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to short hop.
- Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates’ Kos when Team Attack was On.
- Game-balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.