Super Smash Bros Ultimate has been out for a while now, though there have been pretty consistent updates keeping the game fresh ever since. New stages and characters have been arriving as part of various Challenger Packs, with Dragon Quest’s The Hero being one of the new additions to the roster. The Hero is one of the most complex fighters to feature in a Smash Bros game yet, so we’ve put together this Super Smash Bros Ultimate The Hero Tips Guide. We’ll give you some essential tips for playing as The Hero, and detail all movesets and spells. There’s also new levels to enjoy, and music to fight along to, so we’ll be detailing those as well.
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate The Hero Tips
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate The Hero Variants
- Alternate Costumes For The Hero
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate The Hero Final Smash
- The Hero Spells
- The Hero Moveset
- The Hero Has a Random Critical Hit Chance For Smash Attacks
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate Dragon Quest Stages
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate Dragon Quest Music
- Dragon Quest Mii Fighters
Super Smash Bros Ultimate The Hero Tips
Now that The Hero is available in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, you'll probably want to know how you should be playing him. We've included some Super Smash Bros Ultimate The Hero Tips below:
- Use Frizz attacks to keep enemies at bay
- Land attacks to full your MP meter
- A random Critical Hit chance is applied to every Smash attack.
- Use Woosh attacks to interfere with an enemy trying to get back onto the stage.
- When bringing up the spell menu, use shield to quit and and head back in for a new selection.
- If a projectile is blocked by two opponents, it will bounce back and forth until it triggers on one of them.
- Use Psyche Up followed by a fully charged Smash attack to deal massive damage.
- Use a kawoosh jump to move laterally back onto the stage.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate The Hero Variants
There are four different variants to play as in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. We've detailed them below alongside some info on where each character is from.
- Eleven - from Dragon Quest 11
- Aursu (DQIII)
- Solo (DQIV)
- Eight (DQVIII)
Alternate Costumes For The Hero
Now you know that you know there are four heroes to choose from when playing as The Hero in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. There's also an Alternate Costume for each, which you can check out below.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate The Hero Final Smash
Given that The Hero is now available in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, let's take a look at what he has in terms of a Final Smash. It's called Gigaslash, and is a huge AoE sword attack that summons DQ characters from the series.
The Hero Spells
The Hero actually has the most special attacks of any character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. This is largely due to the many spells he possesses. We've detailed them all below.
- Accelerattle: Movement speed up
- Bounce: Deflects projectiles
- Flame Slash: Large sword attack
- Heal: Restores health
- Hocus Pocus: Random effect
- Kaboom: Explosive spell
- Kaclang: Invisibility when stationary
- Kacrackle Slash: Freeze opponents
- Kamikazee: Self-destruct and inflict damage
- Metal Slash: Chance to One-Hit KO a metal opponent
- Oomph: Raises attack power temporarily
- Psyche Up: Increased power of next attack
- Snooze: Puts opponents to sleep, delivers a critical attack when hitting said opponent
- Thwack: Chance to KO an opponent in one hit. Percentage change is higher at higher DMG
- Zoom: Warp back to stage
The Hero Moveset
|Special Move Controls||Special Type||Special Move Name|
|Left Stick Left/Right + B||Side Special||Zap|
|Left Stick Up + B||Up Special||Woosh|
|Left Stick Down + B||Down Special||Spells|
|B when FS Meter is Full||Final Smash||Gigaslash|
The Hero Has a Random Critical Hit Chance For Smash Attacks
One of the best features of the new The Hero fighter is his random Critical Hit move. All Smash attacks have a chance of striking a Critical Hit, doing huge damage in the process.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Dragon Quest Stages
As part of the new Challenger Pack 2, including The Hero, you’ll also get a brand new stage to fight on. It’s called Yggdrasil’s Altar, and is a floating platform that flies through a bunch of iconic locations from the Dragon Quest series. Check out Yggdrasil’s Altar in the image below:
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Dragon Quest Music
There's a bunch of new Dragon Quest music to enjoy in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Here are the tracks:
- Adventure - Dragon Quest 3
- Fighting Spirits - Dragon Quest 3
- Battle for the Glory - Dragon Quest 4
- Wagon Wheel’s March
- War Cry
- Marching through the Fields
- The Hero Goes Forth with a Determination
- Unflinchable Courage
Dragon Quest Mii Fighters
As with all of the new Challenger Packs in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, there are new Dragon Quest themed Mii fighter outfits to enjoy here. Check them out below.
- Veronica (Swordfighter)
- Erdrick (Swordfighter)
- Martial Artist (Brawler)
- Slime (Hat)
For more on Super Smash Bros Ultimate, you'll want to visit our Super Smash Ultimate Guides Hub. There's also our Super Smash Ultimate Spirits Guide for everything you need to know about Spirits, and our guide on the fastest way to unlock characters in Super Smash Ultimate. Finally, you'll want to take a look at our Super Smash Ultimate Character Guides. There's one for every single fighter in the game, with movesets, Alternate Costumes and more.