Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced that Tales of Berseria will launch on PlayStation 4 and PC on January 24, 2017.
"Which means in just a little over three short months you’ll be able to experience what many people playing the Japanese version are calling one of the best Tales of games ever," wrote Bandai Namco community specialist Dmitryi Khlynin on the official PlayStation blog. "We are excited to bring a whole new cast of characters to everyone and can’t wait to see what you think of them and their journey in Tales of Berseria!"
The Collector's Edition of the game is limited to 10,000 units and will retail for $149.99. The Collector's Edition includes:
- Exclusive Tales of Berseria SteelBook case
- Velvet and Laphicet Chibi Kyun Chara figures
- Exclusive 8-Bit retro keychain set
- Special Selection Music CD
- Hardcover prequel novel "A Witch's Tale: A World Full of Daemons"
- Set of Tales of Berseria trading cards
- Tales of Berseria starter strategy guide art book
Tales of Beseria takes place in the past of the Holy Midgand Empire, which is where Tales of Zestiria took place. A disease called the Daemonblight infects the Empire's citizens, causing some to turn into Daemons. The game's lead character, Velvet Crowe, is one of those infected citizens. Velvet, together with a ragtag band of RPG compatriots, has to fight not only the rogue Daemons, but also the Exorcists, a religious order dedicated to wiping out the Daemons. Serious business.