The Division 2 has been updated a fair bit since it launched all the way back in March. There’s been an 8-person raid, new weapons and even the arrival of Exotic Gear. The first piece of Exotic Gear to come to The Division 2 is an Exotic Holster. It’s called the Dodge City Gunslinger’s Holster, and it requires quite a bit of effort to unlock. In this The Division 2 Exotic Holster Guide, we’ll take you through unlocking the Dodge City Gunslinger’s Holster. We’ll take a look at its stats, and whether it is worth running in your current build.
The Division 2 Exotic Holster
The Exotic Holster is a brand new item added to The Division 2. It is the first piece of Exotic Gear to come to the game, and allows you to equip two exotics simultaneously. To get the Dodge City Gunslinger’s Holster, you’ll need to do the following:
- Head to the blueprint vendor at the Base of Operations, next to the crafting table.
- Purchase the Holster Intel: Go West, young agent Project.
- Now, head to the Riverside Gas Station Control Point and take it over. The rewards room will have the Fast Leather Belt Component inside.
- Now, you need to take over Level 4 Control Points for Hyena, Outcast and True Sons factions. They can be any Control Point, but you must hit all three factions.
- The final wave of this assault will spawn a cowboy-hat wearing enemy.
- Doing this for each faction will give you Ornate Leather Holster, Inverted Leather Holster and Oiled Hammer Guard pieces.
- Finally, head to the Whitehouse and grab the Showdown at High Noon Project.
- Now, check your in-game clock using the photo-mode. Head to the border of Downtown East after noon.
- Black Tusk will flood the location, and killing the final boss will give you the final component: Holster Rind.
- Submit the completed Project along with one Providence and Petrov Holster.
- You’ll now have the exotic.
The Division 2 Exotic Holster Stats
Given that you’ll be going through a lot of trouble to get the Dodge City Gunslinger’s Holster, it’d be good to know exactly what you’re getting. Let’s take a look at The Division 2 Exotic Holster Talents and Stats:
- Sleight of Hand - +20% Accuracy -
- +20% Stability
- +40% Reload Speed
- +400% Optimal Range
- +20% Revolver Damage
- Requires a Pistol to be equipped.
- Quick Draw: Swapping to your pistol reloads all weapons.
- Perforator: Shots fired from your pistol penetrate enemies.
- Pistol headshot kills grant +20% weapon damage and allows your primary and secondary weapons to penetrate enemies for 8s. This duration is increased to 11s when using a revolver.
So is The Division 2 Exotic Holster Any Good?
The main bonus for using the Exotic Holster is that you can also use your D50 Exotic alongside it. This can stack up massive damage, and shots that penetrates through multiple enemies. The +400% range helps you to pick off elites from afar, so it’s a great run for those looking to get more from their sidearm.
If it's more Division 2 coverage you're after here at USG, then we've got just the guides for you. You can check out our Division 2 Exotics guide for some elite weapons, or the Division 2 character customization guide for more. Alternatively, if it's levelling information you're after, there's our Division 2 Skill Power guide, or our Division 2 XP levelling guide. Elsewhere, there's also our guide on where to get all of the Hunter Masks in The Division 2, as well as our breakdown of The Division 2 Dark Zone. In our The Division 2 Guides Hub you'll find all of our The Division 2 guides content, so be sure to check it out.