Skill Haste is one of the new features recently added to The Division 2 as part of Gear 2.0 and the Warlords of New York expansion. It's an attribute that is listed on certain gear, and it's not really explained at first. That's why we've put together this guide on Skill Haste. Read on for more info.
On this page:
What is Skill Haste?
Skill Haste is the new term used to describe Cooldown Reduction. If your value is listed as 100% Skill Haste, then your cooldown will be reduced by 50%. The developers put together a handy explanation for Skill Haste, which you can read below:
'Cooldown Reduction has been replaced with skill haste. Skill haste works equivalent to speed. So 100% skill haste reduces cooldown by 50%, like a car speeding up by 100% getting to it's destination in half the time. This means that the player can invest in more than 100% Haste and still get something back. It also means there's a diminishing return to Skill Haste, as opposed to cooldown reduction where each point was actually worth more than the last one. This allows us to have a good amount of Skill Haste possible from gear, but even larger amounts granted by high skill power Skill Mods, granting skill builds more frequent access to their souped up skills.' Read more here
How to Increase Skill Haste
To increase Skill Haste you'll need to find gear with higher Skill Haste stats. Once you've unlocked Mods, you can also use them to apply Skill Haste bonuses to your gear. Certain mods will increase Skill Haste, so keep an eye out for any that drop. We've been using the Surge Utility Mod which adds +20% Skill Haste. For a look at the new skills available in The Division 2, head here
Skill Haste Changes
Since the new Warlords Of New York patch, a number of changes were made to Skill Haste. Here's a full list of changes:
- Removed the 90% Cooldown Reduction hard cap
- Lowered the minimum Cooldown cap for all skills from 10 seconds to 3, except for the Chem Launcher which is now 8
- Renamed all instances of Cooldown Reduction on existing gear to Skill Haste, with a 50% increase to their base values
- Eg: +10% Cooldown Reduction will become +15% Skill Haste
- Increased Surge talent Skill Haste bonus from +10% to +20%
- Increased Alps Summit Armament 1-piece Skill Haste bonus from +10% to +20%
- Increased China Light Industries Corporation 3-piece Skill Haste bonus from +10% to +30%
- Increased Petrov Defense Group 3-piece Skill Haste bonus from +10% to +30%
- Increased Tip of the Spear 3-piece Skill Haste bonus from +20% to +40%
For a look at how the new gear score cap works, head here.