Although a lot of folks feel like 2020s been going on for far too long, Apex Legends is just about to get its New Years party started. Starting on January 14, Respawn Entertainment will kick off a two week Grand Soiree event that features seven limited-time game modes, alongside an array of new free and premium cosmetics that draw inspiration from the style and art of the 1920s.
A new trailer starring a dapper mustachioed Pathfinder quickly runs down the list of the new game modes, but if you blink you might miss the details. Here's the full list of game modes and when they'll be active:Gold Rush Duos (January 14-15)
- A return of the two-person squad mode Apex did a trial run of in November, only now all the weapons will come fully-equipped with attachments.
- When the ring moves to close, all dead players will automatically respawn on their teammates if any are left alive.
- Does what it says on the tin: play Apex Legends in third-person view.
- Forget rounds: in this mode, the ring won't stop shrinking, forcing players near the edge to always be on the move.
- Armed and Dangerous limits Apex's weapon set to shotguns and snipers and drastically cuts back on the quality and spawn rate of armor. This will be the first time it's been available on Apex's newer, more wide-open map.
- Apex previously let players drop into a nighttime mode of its original map in a special Halloween-themed game mode, but now it'll be open for classic Apex matches.
- This one's a mystery: it looks like everybody will play as a brightly colored dummy, but the only description Respawn's given is "this game ain't gonna test itself."
Players who try out every mode will receive a special badge, and each mode will have its own set of challenges that contribute towards unlocking some free cosmetic items. As with Apex's previous themed events, there'll be a mix of '20s inspired cosmetics available for direct purchase, along with six new legendary skins that will join the core pool of loot.
USG's guide section has you covered on Apex Legends' third season of content, but unfortunately we do not have a guide to dancing the Charleston.