The World Ends With You Switch Release Date Revealed

Prepare your bunker for October.

News by Nadia Oxford, .

The world's coming to an end in two months. The World Ends With You: Final Remix for the Nintendo Switch received a North American release date today. Say goodbye to your loved ones and steel yourself for October 12.

Nintendo of America made the official release date announcement on its Twitter account this morning. It also reminded us Final Remix features some new remixed music and a brand-new scenario. Sounds like a good reason to look forward to the utter end. Aside from, y'know, everything else currently going on in the world.

The World Ends With You: Final Remix is a remastered version of The World Ends With You for the Nintendo DS, which celebrated its 10th birthday in 2007 (mobile ports followed in the ensuing years). The game's story follows a cynical teenager named Neku whose soul becomes ensnared in a high-stakes game that might see him fading into utter non-existence if he loses.

The World Ends With You leans heavily into fashions and trends that were popular around the time of its initial release, but interestingly, the game doesn't feel dated in any way. We can't wait to delve into it again this fall. You should delve into the discussion Kat, Caty, and I had about The World Ends With You on the game's 10th birthday.

Can't wait to see how they made pins work.
  • Avatar for Tetragrammaton #3 Tetragrammaton 14 days ago
    October?? Oh yeah that's JUST what my free time needs that month...
    I'd love to play this, but Red Dead Redemption 2 has forced me to sell my gaming soul for October (and possibly November) to Rockstar.
    obviously having not played every Square-Enix release because that would be insane, I honestly believe The World Ends With You is Square-Enix's finest hour. I have not played a better game by them since and I look forward to going back to it.Edited 2 weeks ago by NiceGuyNeon
    Dunno if I'd play through the whole thing again, but I really enjoyed WEWY back when I played it on the DS a decade ago. The aesthetics and battle system had a lot to do with that.

Comments