We're barely over a month away from pretending we're all supermen, with the upcoming release of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2, a remake of the first two Tony Hawk games. Considering the first two Tony Hawk Games only have 26 tracks all together—Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 has just 11, while its sequel has 15—waiting to see if the remake would have all the tracks is something we've been waiting on confirmation of. Luckily, today that news came by way of Noisey and a livestream virtual concert with performances from Chaii, Machine Gun Kelly, Merkules, and Rough Francis.
Confirmed Returning Songs, According to the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 Instagram
- "Bring the Noise" by Anthrax & Chuck D (THPS1)
- "You" by Bad Religion (THPS2)
- "Heavy Metal Winner" by Consumed (THPS2)
- "Police Truck by Dead Kennedys (THPS1)
- "Cyclone" by Dub Pistols (THPS2)
- "Vilified" by Even Rude (THPS1)
- "Evil Eye" by Fu Manchu (THPS2)
- "Superman" by Goldfinger (THPS1)
- "May 16" by Lagwagon (THPS2)
- "No Cigar" by Millencolin (THPS2)
- "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" by Naughty by Nature (THPS2)
- "Blood Brothers" by Papa Roach (THPS2)
- "When Worlds Collide" by Powerman 5000 (THPS2)
- "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver" by Primus (THPS1)
- "Guerilla Radio" by Rage Against the Machine (THPS2)
- "Screamer" by Speedealer (THPS1)
- "Nothing to Me" by Speedealer (THPS1)
- "Subculture" by Styles of Beyond (THPS2)
- "Cyco Vision" by Suicidal Tendencies (THPS1)
- "New Girl" by Suicide Machines (THPS1)
- "Five Lessons Learned" by Swingin' Utters (THPS2)
- "Here & Now" by The Ernies (THPS1)
- "Euro-Barge" by The Vandals (THPS1)
A spokesperson with Activision confirmed that Suicidal Tendencies's "Cyco Vision" and Anthrax's "Bring the Noise," two songs that are not included on the Spotify playlist featuring songs on the soundtrack, will indeed be in the game.
37 new tracks will join seemingly 23 tracks from the original games. The new bands that will be gracing the skateboarding game's soundtrack include FIDLAR, Less Than Jake, Skepta, MXPX, and Reel Big Fish. The new additions are shaping up to be a nice mix of both '90s and modern rock, punk, rap, and ska—which is the perfect Tony Hawk's Pro Skater soundtrack mix. Noisey confirms some of the specific songs that will be joining the soundtrack at the end of Noisey's new teaser video for the soundtrack. (Side note: I'm sad FIDLAR's "40oz On Repeat" missed out here.)
In a tease back in May, suspiciously five songs from the original soundtracks were missing in teaser art and a Spotify playlist promoting what would be returning. Luckily, today we've learned that the final soundtrack will only be missing three tracks from the original soundtracks after all. While we'll sadly miss Unsane's "Committed" and The High & Mighty's "B-Boy Document '99," both of which aren't listed as groups under the confirmed musicians that are returning for the remake likely due to licensing issues, at least most of the original soundtrack has been confirmed in its place.
The Tony Hawk games are, arguably, one of the most beloved series in gaming. While its more recent returns have been rough, to say the least, this upcoming remake is shaping up to recapture what we loved so much about the Birdman-starring series in the first place. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 is out September 4 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.