USgamer's RPG Podcast Dives Into Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and Grand Kingdom

AXE OF THE BLOOD GOD: You can also win some cool Persona 5 swag in our new contest!

Article by Kat Bailey, .

Axe of the Blood God is our weekly RPG podcast hosted by Kat Bailey. You can find the previous episodes here.

In this week's episode of Axe of the Blood God (download link here), Nadia and I dive into Grandom Kingdom - the new tactical RPG from NISA. Then Mike joins us to explore Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which he seems to be enjoying quite a bit so far.

Mid-June is traditionally a terrible time to release a niche game given that everyone's attention is fully on E3, but we're doing our best to give two interesting RPGs the spotlight they deserve. Grand Kingdom is a lovely-looking tactical RPG from NISA, and while it's a bit messy and inaccessible, Nadia and I both agree that it's a gem. Tokyo Mirage Sessions, meanwhile, seems destined to be one of those uber-expensive rarities. Mike explains why you should pick it up before it goes out of print.

Kat in the hat.

Quite a few of you have been tweeting at me about sound balancing issues. Rest assured that I've heard your complaints, and I'm doing my best to ensure that the audio quality is where it should be. Hopefully things are much better this week.

Final note: We're running a contest! I got a couple fun pieces of Persona 5 swag from Atlus during E3 - a Morgana hat and a nice piece of art - and I want to pass them onto you. Send me an email, a video, or a photoshopped image explaining why your pet is a good RPG companion. Have fun and be creative! The winner gets the hat, the art, and maybe some other cool things. PM your entries to kat.bailey or send them to kat.bailey@usgamer.net.

Next week: We recap the best RPGs of 2016 so far!.

Where to find us (Subscribe, rate, and review!)

Show Description

With E3 2016 now behind them, Kat and Nadia talk about why RPGs struggle to demo well at big events before jumping into a discussion of Grand Kingdom - the new tactics RPG from NISA. Then, in the second segment, Mike joins the crew to extol the virtues of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

We're at E3 next week, covering the year's biggest gaming event. Be sure to check out all our coverage on our E3 2016 hub!

Good week of releases! Been waiting for these two for awhile.
    Just downloaded from Instacast and I'm very eager to hear what you guys thought of Grand Kingdom. Can't decide whether to get that game or just save up for God Eater Resurrection which comes out on the 28th.
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #3 SatelliteOfLove 2 years ago
    TMS #FE sounds aggressively bland and safe as I'd feared.
  • Avatar for richardoosse91 #4 richardoosse91 2 years ago
    Just discovered your podcast last week and it's instantly my favorite listen. I really dig how professional, mature and civil your shows are and I especially love how no one ever talks over anyone else. It is always so obvious that you and your guests are talking about a topic they know and love. I could gush for another 500 words but all I will add is congratulations on a job well done, Ms. Bailey and keep up the good work!
    @SatelliteOfLove What would be safe in your definition? Because making a game centered around the entertainment industry and mixing it Fire Emblem and SMT elements is the farthest thing from safe in my eyes.

I'm playing the game right now and it is winning me the fuck over with its enthusiam. At least for me, it's rare these days that I play an RPG that is this unabashedly cheerful.
    @himuradrew Thanks!! Tell all your friends about us! :D
    @richardoosse91 - Well said! Many of us love this podcast for all of the reasons you identified. Kat, Nadia and the rest of the USGamer team go above and beyond each and every week.
    @nadiaoxford Haha. I already have 3 of my friends who are very much into RPGs tuning in.

All because they carpooled once and I was listening to one of your episodes. ;)
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #9 SatelliteOfLove 2 years ago
    @Kuni-Nino

Con-TROV-ersy, friend. Con-TROV-ersy.
    @SatelliteOfLove Oh...Oooohhhh. Well now.

Comments