Gamescom 2016 has begun and that means we're going to be seeing a ton of announcements this week. While some of the items are worth a full article, there are a ton of trailers out there. Our Video Round-Up collects all those trailers in a single article, so we don't waste your time. We'll be updating this as new trailers come in!
Watch Dogs 2
Watch Dogs 2 is Ubisoft marquee title for this holiday season and the publisher used Gamescom to show off its new online gameplay. The game features seamlessly online cooperative and PVP gameplay. Hacking Invasion from the first game returns alongside the Bounty Hunter mode, where players who cause too much trouble in the single-player game can find themselves hunted by up to three other players. Watch Dogs 2 is coming to PS4, PC, and Xbox One on November 15, 2016.
Ghost Recon Wildlands
The second of four total Ubisoft showcases from Gamescom, Ghost Recon: Wildlands gets to show off its player customization. There's a number of options, including casual clothes, military camo, and even full on ghillie suits. Even better, Ghost Recon shows off its new female avatar, meaning digital ladies can get in on the covert ops and rampant destruction. Ghost Recon Wildlands is launching on Xbox One, PC, and PS4 on March 7, 2017.
The medieval combat extravaganza has outlined the four players classes with each of the three factions. Whether you're a Knight, Viking, or Samurai, you'll be choosing between one of four classes:
- Vanguards are well-balanced Heroes, with good attack, and defense capabilities and great versatility.
- Assassins are swift and lethal characters, great duelists with very good offense
- Heavies are the most resistant Heroes, their attacks are slow but deadly. They're especially efficient for defending a point and annihilating AI enemies.
- Hybrids mix elements and characteristics of other types. They are advanced characters fostering uncommon tactics
The multiplayer PVP modes include:
- Dominion is a 4v4 objective-based mode in which two teams of four players fight for control of the battlefield. It's a mode that relies upon skill, communication and teamwork.
- Brawl 2v2: Each team of two players need to kill the two enemy Heroes to win a round. Skill, awareness, cooperation and the capacity to use the environment to the player's advantage are key components.
- Duel 1v1 puts two Heroes face-to-face in a fight to the death. Skill is fundamental in Duel of course, but as in Brawl, players have the possibility to use the environment to their advantage.
- Skirmish is a 4v4 Team Death Match like mode. Combat skills are key in this mode as players score points for their team by killing enemy Heroes.
- Elimination: In this 4v4 mode, the last surviving player on the battlefield wins the round for their team.
If you're interested, you can sign up for For Honor's Closed Alpha at the official website. The Closed Alpha will take place on September 15-18. For Honor is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC on February 14, 2017.
The newest trailer for Mafia III highlights the events that lead to Lincoln Clay's old crew being betrayed and murdered. After pulling a heist on the Federal Reserve with the local Italian Mob, Clay finds himself without a family and with a hunger for revenge. Mafia III is coming to PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 7, 2016.
In honor of the German Gamescom convention, Civilization VI is showing off its German civ leader: Frederick Barbarossa. In their own words:
The charismatic Frederick Barbarossa served as the King of Germany and Holy Roman Emperor for nearly 40 years. Using strong organizational skills and military intellect, Barbarossa adeptly sought peace in Germany while helming six expeditions into Italy in defiance of papal authority.
Barbarossa assimilated several Italian city-states, ultimately claiming direct Imperial control before settling peacefully with the opposition. In 1180 he looked inward, deposing Henry the Lion, one of the most powerful German princes of the time, and proclaimed peace throughout the Empire.
Despite tensions with the church and his advanced age, Barbarossa answered the call of the Third Crusade, perishing in his campaign. His heroism earned him legendary status in German folklore, in which it is said he sleeps in the Kyffhauser Mountain and will return to bring Germany to a golden age.
Civilization VI is coming to PC on October 21, 2016.