Blood and Wine is one of Witcher 3's most elaborate DLCs, with its own plot of murder, intrigue, ancient vampires and boozy nobles. And like the main campaign, there are multiple endings to this sordid, spiralling tale. We'll show you what all the endings are, as well as how to get them all.
We'll try to keep specific details to a minimum, but of course there's going to be some significant spoilers ahead.
How Many Endings Are There for Blood and Wine?
Blood and Wine has numerous endings and variations of each ending, depending on what you do with which character, whether it's Regis, Detlaff, Yennefer or any number of others. Still, the primary focus on the plot is on the sisters Syanna and Anna, whose eventual fate determines the most significant element of the game's finale, so we'll be focused on them for this guide. We found three significant variations on this, which we've listed below.
How to Get the Best Ending
The best ending to Witcher 3 features both sisters not just survive, but forgive and reconcile with each other. In order to get this ending, you'll need to do the following:
- While doing the quest, "The Night of the Long Fangs," choose to find Syanna.
- In the quest "Beyond Hill and Dale", get the magic ribbon from the flint girl, either through a Gwent victory or by buying it from her. Later on in the quest, exhaust the optional dialogue with Syanna and act sympathetic to her plight.
- During the "Pomp and Strange Circumstance" quest, go find the Bootblack kid and then the beggar's shelter so as to discover Dettlaff's fifth victim.
- In the following conversation with Syanna, choose these dialogue options when they appear: "Cause she turned her back on you"/"Ever thought to forgive her?"/"Might ask her that."
- After that, when talking to Damien, pick these options: "Got bad news,"/Syanna's crimes were horrible,"/You were children then, both."
How to Get the Worst Ending
The darkest ending is focused on betrayal, despair and slaughter. Those who want to achieve it are no angels, or maybe you just want to play a catastrophically incompetent version of Geralt.
- While doing the quest, "The Night of the Long Fangs," choose to find Orianna, not Syanna.
- In the quest "Beyond Hill and Dale", get the magic ribbon from the flint girl, either through a Gwent victory or by buying it from her. Later on in the quest, exhaust the optional dialogue with Syanna and act as harshly to her as possible, decrying and insulting her as much as possible.
How to Get the Prison Ending
The third major ending involves Geralt being sent to jail, albeit briefly, and involves the death of Syanna before she goes on trial.
- While doing the quest, "The Night of the Long Fangs," choose to track Damien's unit, or choose to follow Orianna and change your mind at the end when talking to Regis.
- In the quest "Beyond Hill and Dale", don't bother to retrieve the magic ribbon from the girl.
If you found that advice helpful, why not check out our guide to farming red mutagens, some of the game's most valuable resources? Alternatively, if you want to know how to make money quickly in Blood and Wine, take a look at our guide right here.