If you're an Xbox Game Pass member, get ready for good times because the May update is imminent. As usual, Game Pass members get to enjoy several notable games for the price of membership, but the biggest title on the menu is State of Decay 2, which comes to Game Pass on the same day as its retail launch: May 22.
If confronting your own humanity in State of Decay 2's zombie survival apocalypse wears you down ("Who's the real monster? Is it the zombies? Or you?"), you can ease off and slow down with the rest of Game Pass' May games. They include:
- Pro Evolution Soccer (Available May 1 through August 31)
- Laser League (Available May 10)
- Overcooked (Available May 1)
- The Escapists (Available May 1)
- Homefront: Revolution (Available May 1)
- Unmechanical: Extended (Available May 1)
- Sonic & Knuckles & Knuckles (Available May 1)
Game Pass gives subscribers access to Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusives on the day of launch. Last month, subscribers received Rare's multiplayer pirate game, Sea of Thieves, on its launch day. Sea of Thieves went on to be Rare's best-selling title in 20 years. It's unclear how Game Pass' subscriber numbers figure into that bit of news (if at all), but either way, Game Pass is a convenient way to sample new fare as well as older classics.