As promised earlier this week, Patch 9 rolled out for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on the Xbox One this morning. Look forward to a few new features, and a whole lot of tweaks, frame rate improvements, optimizations, and bug fixes.
PUBG Xbox One now also supports Game DVR, so the next time you catch a bullet with your forehead, you can upload it for the world to admire. You need to enable Game DVR in the Settings / Options menu. Here's a little more information about the feature.
As per the official patch notes posted on PUBG's official message boards, gameplay enhancements for PUBG on the Xbox One are as follows:
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
- Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
- Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
- We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
- Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
- Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
- Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors
There are some UI improvements as well:
- Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
- Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
- When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
- Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character
Additionally, there are tons of bug fixes. The patch notes list them all.
Also, say goodbye to Hot Bull. The notes for Patch 9 state the design for the energy drink item has been "updated," same as the PC version of the game changed the drink label earlier this year. The old label was probably a bit too close to Red Bull for PUBG Corp's comfort. Well, PUBG Brand Energy Drink™ still heals you like it should, but I doubt it'll Give You Wings. Maybe now it Gives You Running Shoes or something.
Our PUBG guides and tips, on the other hand, give you hope and life.